We are so pleased to announce that our brand new Durham Miami Blvd office is OPENING MARCH 2ND!
Lane & Associates Family Dentistry began work on our new Durham Miami dental office back in early 2019 and we are finally ready to move from our old Miami Blvd location. Starting on Monday, March 2nd our Durham Miami team will officially be moving to the new location and seeing patients day one. Take a look at our brand new location below!
We ask for patience from our Durham Miami patients during this transition and promise to continue to provide the standard of care that our offices are known for. Please be sure to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointments in the coming weeks in case health and medical information need to be updated.
Our New Address & Contact Info:
3020 South Miami Blvd. Durham, NC 27703
Our office will also house North Carolina Oral Surgery + Orthodontics across the suite from us. NCOSO provides in-house Oral Surgery procedures such as Wisdom Teeth Removal, Dental Implants, IV Sedation & in-house Orthodontic procedures such as Braces, Invisalign®, and Children’s Orthodontics. Find out more about NCOSO here.
Schedule an Appointment | Go to our Durham Miami Page | Read more Blogs
THE TRUTH IS, our teeth are amazing! Without them we wouldn’t be able to speak, eat, sing, or smile properly. We’d like to celebrate our teeth by sharing some interesting dental facts you may not have known!
Here Are 10 Fun Dental Facts:
- If you’ve been using floss daily, by the end of the year the total length will be the perimeter of a baseball diamond!
- Because birds lack teeth, many swallow stones or grits to aid in breaking up hard foods.
- On average, women smile 62 times a day and men only eight times a day. Step it up, guys!
- The average American spends 38.5 total days brushing their teeth in their lifetime.
- Only 40 percent of young people age six to 19 have had cavities in their life. That’s down from 50 percent a decade ago!
- In the middle ages, people thought that a dog’s tooth boiled in wine made an excellent mouth rinse to prevent tooth decay. Tasty!
- The Egyptian Plover, also known as the crocodile bird, is famous for flying into crocodile mouths and cleaning their teeth.
- Prior to the 1850s, ‘toothpaste’ were usually powdered and contained soap and chalk.
- An obscure law in Vermont states that it is illegal for women to wear false teeth without the written permission of their husbands. Crazy!
- Different animals have different amounts of teeth; armadillos have 104, pigs have 44, and humans have 32.
How Many Of These Facts Have You Heard Before?
It’s always fun to learn about the obscure facts and crazy history that make up our tooth trivia! Do you know any other cool dental facts? Comment below or on our Facebook page! And remember, take care of your teeth. They do so much for you! We are grateful for our awesome patients and we love to make you smile!
Learn more interesting facts about teeth here | Contact Us | Schedule your appointment
To celebrate National Children’s Dental Health Month, Lane & Associates is excited to announce our Kid’s Coloring Contest! Throughout the month of February, we will be collecting coloring pages from kids age 12 and under to enter to win a $100 Marbles Kids Museum Prize pack!
FEBRUARY is Children’s Dental Health Month, so we wanted to let you know that our practice is always trying our best to help children achieve great dental health!
Visit our Coloring Contest page to download and print off your coloring pages! Simply color your page and then tag us on social media using #LAAKidsColor